I am recruiting for an experienced Freight Forwarder based near Birmingham Airport; this is an exciting opportunity to work for a 'family feel' Logistics company where it is all about delivering the best customer service and they are offering a competitive salary for the right candidate.
My client is looking for a freight forwarder who specialises in EITHER ocean or air logistics transportation with EITHER import or export experience.
You will be responsible for the end to end process of the importation OR exportation via sea OR air, duties will include the booking/planning of transport, negotiation of prices with shipping lines or air cargo carriers, the completion of all documentation including customs clearance and invoicing and solving problems as they arise, at all times building relationships and keeping your suppliers and the clients updated.
My client is a leading British logistics provider headquartered in Birmingham. They operate ocean freight and air freight services with a portfolio of inbound and outbound clients with an emphasis on the technological solutions that they offer.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Arrange haulage with shipping line/air cargo carriers
- Coordinate the importation OR exportation via sea OR air
- Build strong working relationships with suppliers, airlines & overseas partners/agents
- Develop and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to clients
- Take requests and queries and resolve them effectively and efficiently
- Using internal systems to create documentation that will enable freight to be moved to customer specifications, on time with all the necessary customs and legal documentation, including:
- Creating and updating freight bookings
- Raise customs documentation to ensure the freight can move from country to country
- Collate all documents and distribute them to customers and carriers, as required
- Preparing, processing and checking of invoices within specified deadlines
- Secure the payment of cleared funds for: COD (cash on delivery) accounts and Duty/VAT invoices
- Ensure requests and queries are resolved and actioned quickly and efficiently
- Accurate & timely reporting to department manager
- Live within an easy commute of Birmingham Airport and a driver due to the location
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in either ocean OR air freight forwarding is essential
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in either import OR export freight forwarding is essential
- Experience of booking and planning of transport via ocean OR air
- Experience in quoting to and invoicing of clients
- A clear understanding of how duty/VAT is calculated
- Experience in the creating of, checking of and processing of all relevant importation OR exportation documentation
- Good verbal and written communication, to provide a professional image to customers and suppliers
- The ability to instruct a global network of agents, suppliers, shipping lines, air cargo carriers
- Experience of shipments to and from worldwide destinations
- The ability to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy and deliver results with great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Salary negotiable dependant on experience
- 28 days including Bank Holidays
- Free Car Parking
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your cv and call Ellis on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***