Front End Java Developer - Candidates must have UK Passport or Full Visa status to work in the UK
We are flexible on working from home arrangements but expect staff to be in the office 2-3 days a week typically (dependent on COVID-19 restrictions).
Front-End Developer with very strong knowledge of Front-end technologies, but with some basic appreciation of back-end technologies gained whilst working on web-based applications within a larger agile team.
The successful candidate will become the front-end expert within a team of back-end and full-stack developers and will be responsible for the front-end design, development, up-keep and technical review of our SaaS solution used to deliver services to our global corporate clients. In addition to completing technical design and development work, the individual will review the design and development working undertaken by other less experienced team members and provide feedback and guidance as required.
For this role, we are looking for a front-end developer with a background in the front-end design and development of B2B web-based solutions and hands on experience working alongside an offshore development team, either within the IT department of a corporate, a software based product company, or bespoke software development house
Responsibilities - Software Design and Development
- Part of in-house development team, working alongside full-stack and back-end developers as required
Support the Head of Technical Architecture and Security to agree front-end design and industry best practice and ensure they are implemented. This will include recommendations to re-factor existing code and/or introduction of new developer frameworks
Work closely with the respective Product Owners and Business Analysts to help evolve and create new products across the entire Bolero suite
Being part of Agile Development project teams, working on one or more projects in parallel
Skills and Experience (E)ssential, (D)esirable
Previous experience working for a software product company, SaaS company or software development house (E)
Experience of implementing several web-based applications with complex UI dynamic pages (forms, graphs and grids) that interact with backend services (E)
- Front-End Technologies :
- HTML (E)
- CSS (E)
- Angular2+ (E)
- Experience of User Experience and User Interface design (D), including screen design / mockups (E), Multi-lingual design (D) and compliance to US / EU Accessibility Regulations (E)
- xperience working with Agile development methodologies such as Kanban/Agile (E) and tools such as Jira and Confluence (E)
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Ability to articulate technical issues clearly and concisely with both on-shore and off-shore Development Teams (E)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen effectively and the ability to present oneself in a calm, professional manner whilst under time and schedule pressure (E)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills (E)
- Fluent English (E), any other languages a bonus but not essential to role (D)
- Team player. Comfortable working in a small company environment and "hands-on" in the sense of doing what needs to be done in a small organisation (E)