My client is a high profile, luxury hotelier based in Worcester. Their culture is open, honest and trustworthy. Their employees are truly empowered to maximise their potential, they are recognised for their hard work and success and the value they add to the business.
I am currently recruiting for a Front Office Manager to join our client's team in Worcester. You will be the face of the Hotel, contributing wholeheartedly to a seamless customer experience underneath a well established and professional General Manager. You will be responsible for the Reception and the team therein whilst providing a best in class level of service.
- Report to General Manager and work closely with him/her to strategise for the business.
- Oversee the reception desk with a view to ultimate guest satisfaction - deal with queries.
- Manage all group bookings.
- Develop relations with existing customers to ensure a high level of future repeat business.
- Ensure all accounts are billed correctly and settled as per company procedures.
- To develop business relationships with local companies to increase room sales.
- To annually negotiate rates within the corporate market and develop new business.
- Develop rate strategies and revenue streams to maximise revenues.
- To set up packages on system and sales tools to increase occupancy.
- Periodically run housekeeping systems on the in-house computer system to ensure full utilisation and optimum performance of the system.
- Set up rate codes and packages and ensure they are channelled to the correct platform locations.
- Maintain a presence for online reservations and revenue manage systems such as Booking.com.
- Provide all other departments with accurate information regarding the business levels daily.
- To forecast future business and develop peak and trough solutions.
- Ensure all security procedures are in place with specific regard to master keys and monetary items.
- Ensure the revenues balance on a daily basis and resolve any issues as a high priority.
- To maintain the control and balance of on-line "Secure Trading" to remain compliant and capture rogue transactions, ensuring each is dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with IT, PDQ, Guest line and telephone support representatives to maintain systems in full working order.
- Always ensure compliance of GDPR and data protection.
- Liaise with The Hotel Accountant on any financial issues and work together to resolve.
- Liaise with Maintenance and Housekeeping departments to ensure maximum room availability.
- Deal with and oversee all reservations including taking the room reservations, restaurant reservations, confirming the bookings, checking guests in and out, preparing and checking invoices to minimise loss to business.
- Liaise with local Tourist Information Centre's and other local Hotels to maximise occupancy.
- Carrying out appraisal and 'one to one' meeting for reception/office staff in line with company procedures, including any relevant training
- To oversee and liaise daily with the events department to ensure optimum communication regarding sales, Events, room bookings and function room reservations.
- To ensure all revenues are captured.
- Any other reasonable duties to ensure the full and effective performance of the role.
- At least three years' experience in a busy hotel reception
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Outstanding communication skills - verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Leadership skills and Team Player
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Problem Solving
- Excellent I.T. Skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to be flexible.
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, POS and reservation systems.)
SALARY AND WORKING HOURS
- Salary is up to £30,000 per annum
- 40 Hours with shifts from 07:00am until 15:00pm or 15:00pm until 23:00pm and anytime in between depending on the needs of the business.
- Food provided on shift (lunch/dinner)
- Free Parking On-site