I am recruiting for a Frontend Web Developer / Web Designer based in a beautiful Shropshire setting southeast of Telford (ability to drive a must). They are offering a negotiable salary up to £26,000 dependent on experience with fantastic career opportunities.
This is an exciting client facing Frontend Web Developer/Designer opportunity where you will be involved in various projects covering the entirety of the development lifecycle, from initial specification gathering through to completion/handover and support. You will be working predominantly with WordPress and building attractive, engaging and user-friendly websites from scratch where a basic understanding of PHP is required to be able to edit more advanced templates.
You will be joining a highly successful (multi-million-pound turnover) family owned and run marketing agency who have not been around for years but for decades! They offer a number of different services to a large portfolio of clients within the UK and Internationally, 95% are B2B and they are very successful within the Logistics/Manufacturing sectors.
If you are looking to work for a large corporate marketing agency, this IS NOT for you, if you want to work hard and be rewarded for the high-quality work you and your team produce, READ ON!
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Meet with clients on a face to face basis to discuss their requirements
- Design, build and develop bespoke client websites predominantly using WordPress and PHP
- Work closely with your clients externally, keeping in regular contact with your clients and discuss the progress of their website build and development
- Communicate effectively and professionally internally with the Digital, PR and Account Management teams
- Monitor website builds and ensure that the websites are delivering a positive ROI for our clients
- Responsive email development
- Manage existing websites on behalf of your client
- DUE TO LOCATION, YOU MUST BE ABLE TO DRIVE
- 2+ years frontend web development/design experience
- Client facing experience, comfortable in taking client specs and strategizing a plan for successful project completion
- Ideally experience working within an agency environment
- Experience of WordPress would be ideal but not essential
- Ability to build, edit and maintain websites (within WordPress would be ideal)
- A proven track record of managing multiple website builds simultaneously
- Understanding of responsive media queries
- Able to integrate plugins to deliver required client functionality
- Confident using Photoshop, Illustrator or Sketch
- Basic understanding of Hosting and DNS Management
- Ability to setup version control systems would be ideal
- Experience with SASS would be desirable
- Knowledge of Google Suite would be beneficial (predominantly Adwords, Analytics & Webmaster Tools)
- Experience of A/B testing would also be an advantage
- Highly organised, excellent strategist with exceptional communication skills with the ability to speak to all levels of staff and clients
- Able to work in a fast-paced agency delivering to tight deadlines and sometimes under pressure, both on your own and as part of a team
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Basic Salary up to £26,000 + a quarterly bonus (£20-22k for Junior Developer, £23-26k for more experienced Developer)
- Fantastic career progression opportunities
- 28 holiday days including bank holidays, rises yearly up to 33 days
- Free car parking
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your cv and call Adam on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***