Brook Street Recruitment is working with our Belfast client to recruit a Fundraising Assistant / Administrator to join them for a three-month contact.
As a key member joining this dynamic Community Fundraising Team, the Fundraising Assistant will support the wider team across a range of different fundraising events and activities. Playing an integral role, the Fundraising Assistant must be efficient, organised and pro-active.
Dealing directly with supporters, the role requires an effective communicator and customer focused individual to drive supporter satisfaction through all fundraising activities. As many activities rely on working across boundaries and supporting other departments, the Fundraising Assistant must also feel comfortable negotiating and working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve maximum
potential of each activity
* To contribute to the region`s fundraising activities by helping to maximise income from company supporters and potential supporters by supporting staff in the Community and Events Fundraising department to carry out fundraising activities.
* To provide a high standard of customer service to staff, managers, supporters and members of the public who contact the company
* To provide effective and efficient support to the Northern Ireland Community Fundraising team as assigned by the line manager.
* To provide accurate and timely financial processing to budget holders within the Community Fundraising team.
* To act as fundraising assistant to a team of fundraising staff by carrying out tasks as assigned by the line manager to agreed standards and deadlines and meeting corporate standards of customer service
* Carry out research through a range of sources, including the Internet, Intranet, publications and other external contacts, including other charities, in order to obtain relevant information that can contribute to proposals, donor strategies, fundraising communications, mailings and/or business support activities.
* Analyse and present research findings in a written or verbal format, including preparing briefing notes, summarising papers and publications and making recommendations in order to contribute to the agreed departmental strategy goals and standards.
* Draft and produce written correspondence such as letters, reports and other documents as required, using word processing, databases and spreadsheets to required standards.
* Undertake specific fundraising projects and attend events as necessary
or as required to support the department`s fundraising.
* Applicants must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to engage in professional
discussions and ability to write in a clear and understandable way to managers, external organisations and the public
* Have high standard of numeracy skills in accurately entering and recording financial data and other general calculations and working within defined procedures and regulations.
* Have ability to collect data from various sources, analyse findings and present them clearly and accurately in a way that meets desired outcomes.
* Have ability to deal with confidential information sensitively and appropriately.
* Proven track record of working proactively and flexibly within a dynamic and pressurised environment
* Experience of effectively maintaining electronic and paper administrative, financial and information systems
The salary for the role will depend on experience - the role is for three months
Full job spec can be supplied after registration and when you have been selected for interview.
If interested please send CV via the link