Game UI Developer
Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a UI / UX Artist. This is a contract role based in Twycross for 6 months.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Salary: Up to £331.00 per day depending on experience
Over 30 years in the game-making business, every moment has been dedicated to kicking out one beloved title after another. We've tried all manner of new things in that time, but if there's one thing we've truly come to believe, it's the importance of having fun every single day and infusing it into everything we create.
Game UI Developer Responsibilities:
- Deliver high-fidelity web-based solutions to support the companies next games.
- Build creative solutions to technical problems encountered.
- Continuously work to minimise technical debt and maintenance hazards.
- Champion quality in our development process, demonstrating our values and taking an active role in improvement of engineering at the company.
- Be part of the company culture; Be inquisitive, try things out, break stuff, help people be even better, think like you own the place.
- Liaise with other teams, help identify technical challenges and identify core player value.
Game UI Developer Requirements:
- Solid understanding of Design Patterns and Object Oriented Design
- Experience working with web components
- CSS and Preprocessing
- Understand the complexities of working on multi-lingual products.
- Have a keen eye on rendering performance, and know how to profile
- Experience working with Typescript desirable, but not essential
- Experience writing unit tests in Jasmine or similar
Deadline for CV submission: Thurday 3rd October at 3:00pm