We have an exciting temporary opportunity to work at the Maritime and Coastguard Agency in central Southampton. The successful candidate will ensure compliance and will provide finance administrative support.
This role sits within the Financial Operations team and supports the Finance Operations Manager. The role involves providing support to a range of stakeholders to ensure compliance across financial processes, in line with Government requirements.
- Interface with Shared Services and the business to ensure compliance of financial processes and controls, providing support where gaps are identified. Responsible for cash forecasting for the MCA. Assist the Finance Operations Manager with VAT and its reporting within the Agency and Department.
- Ensure compliance with MCA, Shared Services & HMRC policies and procedures, including Bank1 and Shipping Account process
- Preparation of cash forecasts & analysis of variance to actual
- Draw down cash requirements from Treasury via DfT(c)
- Monitor & reconcile bank charges in finance cost centres
- Act as a liaison between Agency, Shared Services and banking provider, to include control of accounts and access
- Ensure that Non executive Directors yearly PAYE Tax and NIC is paid and accounted for with Shared Services
- Contact for MLD & Document related issues
- Complete a Monthly VAT review ensuring COS recovery compliance
- Responsible for the development and implementation of further controls in finance. To include monthly age debtor and creditor reporting, along with monitoring the bad debt position, to include persistent debt customers and ensure timely collection of receipts. Work with purchase to pay and receivables compliance managers to improve performance/targets
- Responsible for the development of desk instructions, providing relevant training and updating guidance
- Contribute as directed by the Financial Operations Manager to internal audits, such as T&E and Business Internal
- Assurance, ensuring compliance to DfT, MCA & HMRC policy
- Support the Finance Business Partner - Leasing and Financial Accounting with IFRS15 requirements
- Any other ad hoc duties as required
Essential minimum criteria
- The ability to work under pressure, deliver to deadlines and work on concurrent tasks
- Experience with reconciliations, banking, forecasting and problem solving
- Able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Working knowledge of ERP/Accounting Systems
- Proactive approach to issue resolution
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Good inter-personal skills and communication to a non financial community are essential, including verbal and written communication.
£10.63/hour, Monday to Friday - 37 hours per week