General Ledger - Junior Compliance Manager
Seeking an individual within the finance sector to join a comforting office in the heart of Southampton.
The role invloves supporting the responsibilities below.
Flextime hours available with company benefits
Location: Southampton (close to station)
Hours: Monday- Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM (flextime hours available e.g. 8:00AM-4:30PM) 37hrs pw.
This role is based within the Financial Operations team. The role involves providing support to a range of stakeholders to ensure compliance across financial processes, in line with Government requirements.
Responsibilities to support:
- Preparation of cash forecasts
- Draw down cash requirements
- Monitor & reconcile bank charges in finance cost centres
- Act as a liaison between Agency, Shared Services and banking provider.
- Contact for Document related issues
- Complete a Monthly VAT review
- To include monthly age debtor and creditor reporting, along with monitoring the bad debt position, to include persistent debt customers and ensure timely collection of receipts. Work with purchase to pay and receivables compliance managers to improve performance/targets
- Responsible for the development of desk instructions, providing relevant training.
- Contribute to internal audits, such as T&E and Business Internal Assurance, ensuring compliance to DfT, MCA & HMRC policy
- Support the Finance Business Partner - Leasing and Financial Accounting with requirements
- The ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
- Experience with reconciliations, banking, forecasting and problem solving
- Working knowledge of ERP/Accounting Systems.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Good verbal and written communication.
- AAT Level 3 or equivalent accounting qualifications
If this role is of your interest, please apply today! Thank you.