The Goods-in Administrator is responsible to the SMT Goods in Supervisor for the coordination of Goods-In and other logistics tasks together with the safe handling of goods passing through the customer factory. The role encompasses the performance of administrative duties and the smooth running of the Goods-In service to ensure goods and equipment are taken to the factory line safely and efficiently, meeting all KPI's.
Temporary to Permanent position
- Coordinating the booking in of palletised deliveries to ensure a smooth flow of work throughout the day
- Act as the first point of contact for customers and colleagues, prioritising tasks and ensuring that all customer requirements are met as efficiently as possible within planned resource.
- Seeking solutions to issues as they arise and communicating calmly and effectively with customers and colleagues.
- Coordinating the safe loading and unloading of vehicles, avoiding damage to persons, stock or equipment
- Checking delivered items against paperwork to ensure correct item has been delivered in the correct quantity and without damage
- Correct booking of items on SAP and manual processes ensuring KPI's are met
- Coordinating delivery to and collection from the factory line of goods and equipment, ensuring correct paperwork is attached and KPI's are met
- Picking items as directed, in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring utmost care is taken to pick the correct item, and that the required scanning activity is carried out and no damage occurs
- Packing items in accordance with customer directives and in such a manner which ensures safe arrival of item within a time frame that ensures KPI's are met
- Maintaining manual and digital records of transactions as appropriate to ensure correct invoicing to Customer e.g. mechanical handling and project logs
- Arrange the planned check of vehicles, machinery and equipment as required
- Stocktaking activities as directed
- Effective communication with team leaders and other colleagues
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date stock control systems
- Maintenance of a clean and tidy work place - 5S principles
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety policies and procedures
£10.00 p/h (Weekly Pay)
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent customer focus
- A good command of the English language, both written and oral
- Proven experience of logistics in a Quality Management environment
- Good IT skills including warehouse management systems including SAP
- Proactive nature with problem solving and organisational capability
If Interested, please contact Lewis at Brook Street in Abingdon for more details.