Goods Inwards Operative - FTC 3 MONTHS
20k Pro- Rota
8:45am - 5:15 pm Mon - Fri
This role sits within the Health, Safety and Estates function. The Goods In team is a small, busy sub-team of this function and my client require a Goods Inward Operative to join for a 3 month period. They are looking for someone with initiative, who can work both as part of a small team as well as autonomously to provide support across the full spectrum of goods in activity.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
Day to day duties will include:
* Receiving of delivery of goods, processing and distribution.
* Porterage and assisting colleagues in room layouts.
* Completion of delivery log daily for all deliveries, specials, recorded items and customer notified.
* Moving stock around by hand, using lifting gear or forklift truck (licence preferred, not essential).
* Van driving across Campus (Driving licence required).
* Regular lifting / manual handling.
* Checking deliveries against the delivery note, accurately recording damaged or missing items, and raising.
* Arranging supplier uplifts for damaged stock / returns (to include packaging items / pallets and liaising external.
* Safely storing goods.
What we need from you:
* Background in warehouse/production or similar
* Organised and able to manage time efficiently
* PC literate, including Excel and Word.
* Driving licence
If You are interested in this role and feel that you are suitable please email me if I have not responded within 48 hours that unfortunately you would not have been selected.