My Camberley based client is seeking a Goods Inwards / Warehouse Operative to commence on the 13th September 2021.
Purpose of the job:
To assist with the movement, distribution and storage of materials, the flow of incoming materials and outgoing products to ensure customers receive products on time
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Checking all stock on receipt and insuring that correct part number and quantity has been received and stock has been marked up correctly, Reporting any discrepancies or missing/damaged stock to appropriate departments. Ensure all receiving documentation is present as requested on PO and that such documentation is correct and filed correctly.
- Assist in the forward planning of manufacturing orders by consolidating and issuing materials required by production.
- Ensure goods are stored and identified correctly to minimise damage, deterioration and stock loss, improve stock rotation and maintain full batch traceability.
- Complete administration work associated with the stores function.
- Perform stocktakes within the stores area, reconciling stock records with physical counts of parts.
- Booking in and locate stock into warehouse and updating computer system
- Ensuring cartons / pallets are visibly marked up with customer Name and order number and stored safely in allocated areas using appropriate MHE
- Pick and pack goods ready for dispatch.
- Ensuring that drivers have correct reference number for collections and all paperwork is signed by drivers and paperwork returned to appropriate departments
- Reporting any discrepancies, missing stock or missed collections to appropriate departments
- Loading and unloading of vehicles using appropriate FLT / MHE as required
- Contribute toward the improvement of Company standards, practices and procedures
- Help investigate and resolve any internal or external customer enquiries
- Ensuring that all areas are kept tidy and clean
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with company health, safety and quality policies.
- Carrying out start of day safety checks on FLT.
- Liaising with members of other departments.
- Saw materials/billets to required sizes using sawing machines.
- Empty swarf bins to appropriate containers. Arrange collection of swarf for disposal.
- Moving goods to and from local companies
- Surveying all incoming goods for Counterfeit, Fraudulent and Suspect Items
Hours: 39 hours a week.
Start date: 13th September 2021
If you have experience in goods in, warehouse, stock control and good IT skills the please apply now.