Experience working in the public sector? Understand the regulatory policies and laws that go with working for local authorities and/or state schools? This may be the exciting role you have been looking for - working for a dynamic and expanding Schools Foundation assisting the Company Secretary.
They are looking for a real self-starter, who has a good deal of experience handling their own workload within a regulated environment. Experience of minute taking and clerking will really set you in good stead, as you will be required to attend high-level board meetings. Working in the education sector in the past is desirable but not a requirement.
There are two sides to the position, the governance side and the general administrative side.
- General clerking duties to the governor committees
- Supporting Data Protection
- Policy governance - supporting CS to ensure company is in line with all statutory requirements.
- Some internal auditing activities.
- Assist senior management in drafting and reviewing policies - ensuring compliant MAT and LGBs.
- Providing general guidance to governors.
- Event Management.
- Diary management.
- Preparing correspondence, reports and presentations.
- Book travel.
- Answer phones.
- Make sure documents are up to date to ensure accountable decision making.
Call me directly on 0191 232 5661 if you want to discuss it further - my name is Tom Walsh.