Role: Government and Industry Affairs Graduate
Objectives of the Role:
Providing general support for the implementation of the Government & Industry Affairs advocacy and regulatory strategy in EMEA
Assist to engage in monitoring of developments in the region (via in house team, consultants, advisors, network, etc.) to ensure we are proactive vs reactive on political, regulatory and industry critical issues.
Helping to arrange visits, meetings and events to leverage senior team engagement in the region.
Attending industry meetings and networking events
Liaising with European Institutions, incl European Parliament, Commission and Council
To handle with confidence, business leaders' enquiries
Undertake and manage the engagement logistics, including but not limited to meeting arrangements, travel, hotel bookings, assisting in creating the relevant position papers
Support an engagement plan with policymakers, industry leaders, thought leaders, central banks, regulators and government ministries in the region in order to influence policy and build our reputation as a thought leader in our areas of expertise.
A keen interest in the policy frameworks in place for financial data and trends in this area are essential to fulfilling this role.
Monitor and research the directions of the narrative on data topics including assisting briefing internal and external stakeholders based on facts and narratives jointly developed with the wider team. Topics of interest include:
- Financial Regulation
- Data Legislation
- Sustainable finance
Salary range to be reviewed through market review/ advice from HR.
Role to be currently limited to 11-12 months (on our books or through a third-party are both accepted by Finance)
- Recent graduate
- Ideally with a background in Political Science/ European Studies/ International Relations/ Finance/ Regulation
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Ability and desire to work at pace
- Excited by an opportunity of gaining valuable experience in working for one of the world's largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure, serving over 40,000 institutions in over 190 countries.
- Looking to developing a proficiency in Government Affairs and financial services regulation
- Keen to understand the EMEA and global financial services/ FinTech/ data regulation requirements at a leading provider of data and insights, trading platforms, and open data and technology platforms that connect a thriving global financial markets community
- Ideally has gained some experience in working with EU institutions, Politics, Regulation, Financial Services
- Relevant European language skills an asset