Number of Openings: 4
Temp role Type: Public Sector Conservation and Environment
Temp hourly rate:12.08
Client Location: Sheffield
Proposed Start Date: subject to screening
End Date/Duration: 3 Months
Job Title: Grade 3 Administrator
These are roles engaged in the delivery of operational and regulatory services that are key to the protection and improvement of our water, land and air.
This job family hosts a variety of skills and activities, such as monitoring enforcement through to licensing and permitting. Roles can be field based, gathering data or auditing customers, or office based carrying out analysis or providing advice on environmental issues to customers.
Provides accurate and timely support for operational and/ or regulatory decisions, by carrying out routine interpretation of data and, where required, preparing basic reports. In some cases, providing a first level regulatory responses on behalf of the team.
Roles may check compliance with environmental standards and undertake front line investigations.
Roles may provide a comprehensive support service to the team, ensuring efficient systems are in place to maximise the effective use of team's time.
Maintains good customer focus and ensures effective relationship building and partnership working to support the organisation achieve its operational and regulatory objectives.
Roles may contribute to projects applying local knowledge or technical skills to the solution of problems.
Some activities may involve the use of specialised equipment and / or systems in the delivery of their objectives.
Some roles handle sensitive regulatory cases and are required to deal with confidential information appropriately.
Operates and maintains data and information systems effectively. Ensures records are stored accurately, are up to date and readily accessible to facilitate team activities.
- excellent customer service skills, both internal and external;
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to embrace new tools and apps to encourage virtual communication;
- flexible and adaptable to change;
- ability to support the collection, assessment, reporting and saving of complex data in line with internal guidelines;
- competent use of Microsoft Office and Excel are essential;
- excellent time management, and interpersonal skills;
- working cooperatively as part of a team to achieve common goals;
- organisation and planning skills to deliver multiple work activities with varying deadlines;
- experience of working with customers to achieve compliance with regulatory requirements is desirable but not essential.
Advert Applications only- We will not accept applications via our email. If we do not contact you within 7 days please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful, we are not able to provide feedback to all applicants due the volume we receive.