A one of a kind Graduate Scientist/Engineer role is now available in the Highlands. In this role you will be a key part of the development of new and existing state of the art products that assist people in their day to day lives. You will have responsibility for product development work, prototype building and testing, test equipment design development and commissioning, along with data analysis and documentation activities, ensuring the product pipeline is taken effectively from initial ideas and Proof of Concept through to Verification and Validation and into full production.
- Assisting in the development and optimization of devices and diagnostics products.
- Contribute to the Research and Development projects.
- Developing new and adapting existing test equipment and analyte measurement methods.
- Designing and conducting experiments to identify and solve problems and demonstrate product performance.
- Working extensively with data, including developing new and adapting existing measurement algorithms.
- Conducting Validation and Verification activities of equipment and processes.
- Carrying out small scale manufacturing & QC tasks.
- Reporting progress, risks, challenges and opportunities to the project team.
- Participating in and conducting risk assessments.
- Create and maintain project documentation across the full product development life cycle.
- A BSc/Eng, MSc/MEng or equivalent degree in a Physical Science, Engineering or similar subject.
- A passion and enthusiasm for Science and Technology.
- Must have the ability to work both individually and within a wider team.
- Practical skills (laboratory/ engineering workshop experience an advantage).
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques and statistical methods.
- IT proficient and highly numerate. Some electronics knowledge and/or experience desirable.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and technical writing
If you are interested or wish to apply for this one of opportunity, then please contact Victoria at the Brook Street office on 01463729213.