My client is looking for someone to join the expansion of its Grant Funding team. You will be joining a fast-developing company and as such, you will have the opportunity to play a key part in the continued growth of the business.
You will lead and support high-quality end-to-end proposal development and bid process activities, with a goal to deliver on-time and compliant submissions. This will include structuring, developing, researching and writing grant funding bids into (for example) a number of Innovate UK, BEIS, SBRI, DfT and Horizon Europe schemes.
The role is client-facing and relies on your ability to deal with senior technical people on a one-to-one basis, conducting structured interviews and the writing of high-quality technical reports.
This is a great opportunity if you're looking for a chance to take a stimulating role working with clients and in collaboration with a team-based and consultancy environment.
- Lead and support high-quality end-to-end proposal development and bid process activities, with a goal to deliver on-time and compliant bid submissions.
- Understanding and definition of R&D projects and expenditure through participation in technical discussions with clients
- Assessment of projects in line with grant guidelines
- Writing compelling technical and commercial content to bring out the key factors of client projects to inform the grant bid
- Developing own knowledge and skills in grant funding, to keep fully up to date and continue to improve
- Interaction with clients' technical and engineering staff in order to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project and identify how aspects of projects meet the grant guidelines
- Support business development team members in grant prospect assessment and
- Review written work across the organisation for accuracy and relevance
- Assist in creating, standardising and implementing reporting and proposal writing templates and tools for timely and organised management of grant writing projects
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team on the development of engaging and informative content
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Degree-qualified in technical subject area
- A demonstrable technical knowledge and experience of writing grant bids
- Adept at translating technical conversation into clear, concise and compelling documents
- Exceptional writing and proofing skills and the ability to work with a broad range of people
- Strong organisational skills including multi-tasking, prioritising, planning, and effective time management
- Ability to interact readily with other technical professionals, have outstanding interpersonal skills and excel in eloquence and concise summary of information
- Strong attention to detail and first-time accuracy is essential
- Aptitude for dealing with technological challenges faced by industry professionals, such as engineering design, the development or improvement of manufacturing processes, development of new products and improvement to existing products
- Project management skills and client relationship-building abilities
- Comfortable working in a close team
- Creative thinker, independent worker, and a self-starter
- English fluency required
- Flexible/Hybrid working
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays + Christmas shutdown + 1 day per year after 2 years service, up to 25 days
- Generous company bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Life cover
- Wellbeing days
- Regular social events