We are currently partnered with a small, well established construction company, supporting them in their search for a Head of Building Services to join their fast paced and dynamic team based in Windsor.
The ideal candidate will be a confident self-starter who can take ownership and make improvements to procedures and controls and undertake ad-hoc projects and requests as and when they come up.
As Head of Building Services you will be needed to work on major commercial projects. The business is looking for an experienced Building Service Manager to work on projects based in the Southeast of England. You will be heavily involved with the initial pre-contractual process along with following the project through to completion once on site. Working on sectors like schools, commercial buildings, industrial, and hospitals.
- Be responsible for the technical compliance of M&E tenders throughout the tender bid process as allocated
- Assist with the selection of sub-contractors to tender from the supply chain
- Manage all tender M&E queries during the bid stage
- Attend all tender meetings as required
- Ensure that a competitive advantage is maintained
- Assist in the planning of works
- Attend as required tender adjudication meetings and advise the directors accordingly
- Conduct site visits as required
- Attend the handover meeting & pass the M&E file to the construction teams and surveyors
- Provide technical support in VE exercises
- Attend the subcontractor appointment stage
- Check all installations in accordance with the quality policy
- Check that M and E programmes are being achieved
- Provide the site team with a comprehensive report following each visit.
- Assist with the management of the commissioning process and compliance of as built and maintenance manuals
- Assist the contracts manager with the resolution of defects as required.
- On a quarterly basis provide a summary report to the pre construction manager relating to the projects that you have supervised.
- HNC in Engineering
- Previous experience in a similar role
If this sounds of interest please apply today - call Lisa on 07841 007173 or send your cv