* * * * * HEAD OF CARE - CHILDREN`S MANAGER* * * * *
SALARY: £29,940- £32,460
Do you have significant experience in a Management role within the Children`s sector?
Are you looking to take the next step in your career?
BS Social Care is a national organisation, specialising in the recruitment of professionals within the Health and Social Care sector. We are proud to be working along alongside a reputable provider of care within the children sector for the recruitment of a Head of Care (Registered Manager) for a brand new children`s home.
As the school and children`s home is part of a collaborative provision, which consists of colleges, schools and children`s homes. The successful candidate will contribute to the whole life of the School, College and residential provision. As a result, you will be joining an organisation that is held to the highest of standards in child care and who`s reputation in unparalleled in its excellence.
The successful applicant will be expected to support, embrace, articulate and work with the company`s vision, values and purpose. Accompanied with a practical, purposeful and therapeutic education the applicant will be part of a homely and nurturing living environment that supports the physical, emotional and spiritual development of each child and young person who attends the School.
It is expected that the successful applicant will treat each person, student and staff with dignity and respect, ensuring high aspirations are met and contribute to shaping the learning community of the School and home as part of Ruskin Mill Trust. It is imperative that our core purpose is to improve the education and lives of our pupils, students and adults at all times
The successful candidate will have:
1. NVQ 4/5 in Leadership and Management for Care Services, or equivalent
2. 2-3 years of similar experience
3. 2-3 years working with Autism/learning disabilities
4. Valid Driver Licence
The Purpose of the Role:
To lead and develop the children`s home for young people with Autism and complex learning needs. This includes providing leadership for the school which secures its success and continuous improvement, ensuring high quality education for all its students and the highest standards of learning and achievement in accordance with statutory and Ofsted requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. To involve and motivate the whole team. Promote team development and effective team work. Practice related supervision, appraisal, development planning, objective setting, coaching and mentoring.
2. To manage and direct the care and skill development programmes for the pupils, providing guidance and working creatively with the pupils where necessary.
3. To guarantee the education and residential provision offered by the School works in an effective and intelligible way to produce outstanding outcomes for the young people.
4. To identify areas within the residential provision in relation to the overall needs of the School and Understand how their area of responsibilities contributes to School priorities and to the overall education and achievement of all pupils.
5. To established and monitor outstanding quality standards of care in line with National Minimum Standards and the Schools vision.
If successful, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary, as well as other competitive benefits such as: funded training and development opportunities, regular bonus rewards and reviews, and a generous annual leave allowance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you then applications can be made direct via the BS Social Care website or sending an up to date CV