My client is a well established construction company seeking at Head of Finance to join there fast paced and dynamic team.This commercial position is a key role in finance but also the surrounding business. As Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include overseeing end-to-end finance operations, financial planning and analysis and balance sheet reconciliations. The ideal candidate will be a confident self-starter who can take ownership and make improvements to procedures and controls and undertake ad-hoc projects and requests as and when they come up .
Here is a selection of tasks:
- Overall responsibility for the general ledger, revenue & receivables to payables cycles
- Drive the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices.
- Prepare and post monthly accruals, prepayments and similar accounting entries.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Leading the analysis of monthly and quarterly numbers and presenting findings to the board.
- Managing an end-to-end audit process of current systems - while acting as the first point of contact for external auditors.
- Continually identify risks to delivery, propose solutions where necessary and effectively manage stakeholder expectations throughout.
- Dealing with working capital management and production of cash flow forecasts.
- Leading the team responsible for payroll, VAT and HMRC processes.
- Key skills:
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Excel and modelling
- Management Accounts
- Statutory accounts
- Ability to delegate and manage the work of others
- Experience of AP, AR and Cashbook
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Produced budgets
- Experience running annual audit
- Xero experience essential
- Stock Management
If this role sounds of interest - please apply today and send your cv today, or call Lisa on 07841 007173