We are currently working with an outstanding public sector organisation based in North London, recruiting for a Head of Media Relations to join them on a permanent basis starting as soon as possible. Someone who has working knowledge of running a press desk, is reactive and confident with news handling and someone who has managed high profile incidents, dealing with national and international media is ideal for this position. You should be assertive and confident, with the ability to effectively communicate and direct Senior Management and Board level Executives.
Please also note that due to the nature of this organisation, you must have a 5 year UK work history, have not been outside the UK for more than 6 months in the last 5 years and you must have full rights to work in the UK.
Reporting into the Head of Corporate Communications, your key responsibilities will include:
- Set the strategic direction for all media relations activity across the organisation
- Plan, coordinate and maintain professional oversight of the implementation of organisational-wide media relations campaigns and plans, aimed at changing behaviour and perceptions, fully utilising all media channels including digital, traditional print and social
- Lead, direct and coordinate a team of communications specialists to deliver timely and accurate information to the public and the media, ensuring the information is appropriate and complies with any legal constraints and restrictions; and accurate logs of media enquiries and internal demands are kept
- Provide expert advice and professional oversight to all communications colleagues who carry out media relations activity
The successful candidate will have the following skills, expertise and education background:
- Hold a Degree in English, Politics, History, Media, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or similar professional qualification, or relevant equivalent experience
- Proven expertise of leading, managing and directing communications and media relations specialists
- Providing strategic communications advice at a senior level
- Considerable background in crisis communications management and media handling during major incidents
A salary of £51,175 is on offer, which includes a basic salary plus London allowance and an on-call allowance.
To be considered for this rare and exciting opportunity, please apply now and we will be in touch.