My client is a high profile, luxury hotelier based in Worcester. Their culture is open, honest and trustworthy. Their employees are truly empowered to maximise their potential, they are recognised for their hard work and success and the value they add to the business.
I am currently recruiting for a Head Receptionist to join our client's team in Worcester. You will be the face of the Hotel, contributing wholeheartedly to a seamless customer experience underneath a well established and professional Front Office Manager. You will be responsible for the Reception and the team therein whilst providing a best in class level of service.
- Answering the switchboard and transferring calls as required
- Preparing guest accounts and restaurant bills, ensuring they are all kept up to date
- Taking guest reservations and entering them into the computer ensuring the availability is correct at all times
- Taking payments for guest accounts, restaurant bills, balancing and banking the money and PDQ at the end of every shift
- Dealing with guest requests and enquiries on a one to one basis and over the telephone
- Checking in guests and checking out guests in the correct manner ensuring all procedures are followed correctly
- Dealing with any problems or complaints in the correct manner and passing the information on to the relevant people immediately
- Taking accurate messages and ensuring they are passed on correctly and efficiently
- Training of new staff team members
- Ensuring the weekly rota is completed and the department covered
- Balancing the monies/floats etc and ensuring there is adequate change available
- Agreeing and authorising booking agent commission invoices
- Ensuring all group booking are correct with the FO Manager
- Oversee the reception desk with a view to ultimate guest satisfaction - deal with queries.
- Develop relations with existing customers to ensure a high level of future repeat business.
- Periodically run housekeeping systems on the in-house computer system to ensure full utilisation and optimum performance of the system.
- Liaise with IT, PDQ, Guestline and telephone support representatives to maintain systems in full working order.
- Maintaining a reliable database of all guest information and using it to maximise business opportunities, in compliance with the Data Protection Act.
- Any ad-hoc duties as may be requested at any time
- Previous Experience with Reception/Customer Facing role
- Customer service experience
- Telephone answering (preferred)
- Previous hotel experience (or relevant experience)
SALARY AND WORKING HOURS
- Salary is £21,000 per annum
- 40 Hours with shifts from 07:00am until 15:00pm or 15:00pm until 23:00pm and anytime in between depending on the needs of the business.
- Food provided on shift (lunch/dinner)
- Free Parking On-site