Brook Street are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Advisor on behalf of Northamptonshire Police to work at their force headquarters.
The role involves:
- Manage, maintain and develop Force policies and procedures to enable effective compliance for health and safety and the adoption of best practice
- Provide relevant parties with information, advice, guidance and support on the implementation of effective systems and processes for health and safety
- Oversee the Force accident and incident reporting systems and ensure RIDDOR requirements are met
- Act as a lead for the estates and facilities department on business risk issues
- Identify health and safety training needs
- Undertake a workplace inspection regime to assess the condition of Force property
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Experience in the strategic implementation of health and safety legislation
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Experience of undertaking investigations into major workplace accidents and incidents
- Working knowledge of asbestos and legionella management
- Able to manage own workload with minimal supervision
This position is initially being offered as a three month contract with the possibility of extension, working 37 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Please note the successful candidate will have to complete the police vetting process prior to starting in the role, this may take up to 10 weeks.