Are you currently looking for a new challenge/opportunity?
I'am recruiting for a Health & Safety and Facilities Manager who will specialise in the development and management of all Health & Safety and facilities operations across all of the business office locations in the UK and Ireland. This role is offering a salary package up to £27000-£29000 per annum. (dependable on experience)
My client is one of the most prominent, reliable and innovative domain name and hosting providers in the UK. For over a decade they have provided customers with top quality award winning support and technology services, including Web hosting, domain name registration and innovative online marketing solutions.
This is a position of high importance where you must be able to hit the ground running with a busy HR team. You will be responsible for considering both the best practice and the operational needs of the business, thus ensuring that the company complies with all current Health and Safety legislation and being the company's "competent person".
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of health and safety management across all offices
- Maintain and continuously develop the company's health and safety policies and procedures to ensure that they are fit for purpose and comply with the law
- Conduct and regularly review risk assessments ensuring that they remain current and fit for purpose
- Maintain the company's in-house safety management system
- Conduct all necessary frequent safety inspections and checks
- Take responsibility for first aid and fire procedures, including employee first aid and fire training
- Manage emergency procedures, such as fire alarm drills
- Investigate accidents and finding best way to prevent future accidents
- Train all employees in health and safety procedures
- Dealing with all aspects of COVID-19 health and safety
- Respond to any safety complaints and concerns raised by employees
- Maintaining a safe, tidy, secure and professional working office environment across all office locations
- Providing assistance to HR Manager UK/IRL, and senior managers in regional offices, in the smooth running of the office to include health and safety and facility management
- Working with contractors to ensure any necessary work is completed
- Liaising with external providers and third parties
- Ensuring that all facilities procurement is conducted on a best value basis and ensuring that suppliers are instructed on a timely basis.
- IOSH Health & Safety Trained (Chartered Membership)
- Extensive and up to date knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- Instil a positive Health and Safety culture within the business
- Lead by example. You must show employees that you take your health and safety manager responsibilities seriously. Calm, patient and excellent communication skills as you'll need to explain the law to people who aren't familiar with it. Good interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Strong record keeping skills
- An eye for detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable (to work remotely from home if required)
- Quality emphasis and empathy
- Computer literate with good working knowledge MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
*** PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE ABOVE PERSON SPECIFICATION ***
Your usual hours of work will be from 9.00am to 5.30pm. Monday to Friday inclusive, however these may be subject to alteration in accordance with the dictates of the business.
If you're interested in this position, please send your cv in or Contact Ellis on 01216436954.