Job Title - Health & Safety Coordinator
Location - Hull Area
Salary - Competitive and Negotiable
Working Hours - Full Time Monday to Friday - 07:30am - 16:30pm
We are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Co-Ordinator to join a friendly team for a well-established client. This position has excellent development/growth opportunities for the right candidate.
Our client is one of the largest manufacturers in the UK in what they do. Dealing with multiple customers, the food service sector and further processors.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Health & Safety Coordinator to join the busy Health and Safety team. The purpose of the role is to provide efficient and effective Health and Safety support to the business ensuring the maintenance, implementation and development of Health and Safety systems and processes.
Main duties will include;
- Carry out workplace H&S Assessments ensuring that they are carried out in line with legislation and updated and reviewed when necessary.
- Manage the records relating to the above assessments ensuring that they are complete and up to date at all times.
- Organise and assist in the reviewing of risk assessments after accidents/incidents.
- Deliver in-house training and inductions ensuring all relevant areas of H&S are conveyed via an appropriate medium i.e. language, handbooks, presentation etc.
- Liaise with the Group H&S Coordinator in respect of updates and changes in the H&S policies and procedures.
- Conduct a full and thorough investigation of accidents that occur on site.
- Ensure all accidents or near misses are recorded correctly and in their entirety in the appropriate books and documentation.
- Assist in carrying out internal H&S audits and inspections.
- Proactively promote awareness of H&S issues throughout the site.
- Liaise with Departmental Supervisors and Human Resources regarding new starters.
- Set and maintain task matrices for all areas of the factory.
- Liaise with the Technical department to ensure that production records are correct.
- Implement the Company's Quality, H&S and Environmental policies.
- To deal with any queries or issues in the absence of the HS&E Manager and the Training Supervisor.
- Deliver on key performance indicators.
- Mentor and coach people.
- Improve processes and practices.
- Carry out activities with full awareness of their impact on the environment, in terms of people and the local area.
- Objectively assess the team's performance
Requirements, experience and person specification:
- NeBosh Certificate.
- IOSH member.
- Hazard Identification RA/SWP Accident Investigation, Manual Handling (MAC/ART/RAPP).
- Competent with Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Previous experience working in a Heath & Safety role. (Minimum 1 year)
- Ensures the team are adequately trained and that personal and technical skills are developed.
- Actively promotes and communicates appropriate health and safety behaviours and environmental awareness.
We would be open to viewing candidates with NeBosh Certificate and minimum 1 year as a Health & Safety Co-ord/Assistant.
If you have been a Health & Safety Administrator for some time and looking for that next step as a Health & Safety Co-Ordinator we are happy to consider your applications.
This is an excellent opportunity to have a very successful career with a prestige client of ours, do not miss out.