DO YOU HAVE A IOSH QUALIFICATION? ARE YOU AN EXCELLENT COMMUNICATOR WITH A PROACTIVE APPROACH IN RISK MANAGEMENT?
My client is looking for a Health and Safety Coordinator to join their Employee Experience Team. You will be responsible for managing health and safety as well as establishing high standards and regimes for measuring.
Your duties will include:
- To ensure the Company's Health and Safety Policy and procedures are implemented consistently across the organisation and to monitor, evaluate and review the Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Under taking regular inspections to check policies and procedures are being adhered to and recommending any changes
- Identify and implement improvements on an ongoing and timely basis, sharing good practice techniques across the company.
- Ensure the company is kept up to date with current legislation and are fully compliant and implementing best practice
- Develop and organise inductions and training for employees
- Engage with all staff to promote and implement a positive health and safety culture
- Performing regular risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced
- Performing regular DSE assessments and annual DSE assessments for all staff and assessing individuals for their support item needs.
- Regular Fire Safety Monitoring
- Organising regular external checks i.e. Fire Evacuations, legionella tests
- Ensuring working practises are safe and comply with legislation
- Monitor, measure and report on H&S issues, accident levels, development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales
- Support management to assess risks and implement control measures
- Investigate accidents
- Carry out audits
- Chair monthly health and safety meetings
- Hold regular meetings with Fire Marshals and First Aiders
- Maintain stocks of PPE and first aid equipment
- Ensure all H&S, Fire Marshal and First Aid training is kept up to date
If you have the right skills and experience and are interested in the position then please apply today!!