We are recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager to join our client in what is a very exciting permanent role based in Bilston. Working in the education sector, you will be responsible for providing health and safety professional leadership to all levels of staff, supporting the management teams, workers, students and contractors.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Initiate and oversee health and safety change programmes across the board with the support of staff and stakeholders.
- With HR set direction for effective health and safety management and appropriate well being programmes for staff and other stakeholders.
- Review and develop all aspects of health and safety polices, guidelines ensuring implementation and consistency across all areas.
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming health and safety legislation and ensure the systems and procedures are in place to meet legal compliance and other requirements.
- Work proactively with management teams and other key staff to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of health, safety and well being within their areas of responsibility.
- Work closely with the Estates Manager and Estates Department to ensure compliance requirements are being controlled, documented and maintained in accordance with regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure that rigorous risk assessment and incident management systems are in place and followed across the board.
- Liaise with HR on health and well being issues particularly where a risk assessment has identified a need, including supporting line managers in carrying out individual risk assessments when required.
- Oversee and undertake audits as appropriate and ensure an action plan with SMART objectives is established to address issues identified.
- Identify, provide and/or procure an effective health and safety training regime.
- Manage, train, mentor and enable other health and safety practitioners to support the delivery of change programmes, including equipping them with the necessary knowledge and skills to manage and maintain the ISO 45001 system.
- Ensue our client maintains the delivery of current health and safety procedures during the implementation of new management systems.
- To successfully design, deliver, and maintain a health and safety change programme to embed and drive a positive safety culture across the board as well as ensuring the timely delivery of associated underpinning health and safety management action plans and operational programmes.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out all duties in accordance within all Health and Safety, Safeguarding & Equality & Diversity policies and procedures, practices and procedures.
- To carry out any other duties as directed by your Line Manager.
*Previous experience in the education sector preferable but not essential*
For more information please contact Ben at