Job Title - Health and Safety Manager
Salary - up to £40,000 per annum
Hours of work - Monday to Friday
Whilst the core responsibility is to ensure the business complies with all current HS&E legislation and/or regulations, of equal importance is our desire for our clients to view Safety as one more area where we are streets ahead of our competitors. We want our employees to habitually and instinctively operate in a safety conscious manner all the time.
- Develop, manage, review, and implement all aspects of Health & Safety policy and activity.
- Work closely with the Project Managers to proactively provide documentation to the client early in the project lifecycle.
- Documentation includes risk assessments, method statements and safe systems of work.
- Work closely with the Service and Installation Managers to create and deliver induction programmes, visit Engineers on site, and manage professional training provision from external suppliers so that Engineers have a safety conscious and positive approach imprinted in their DNA.
- Investigate, record, report on and implement corrective action for all incidents and near misses.
- Respond to relevant requests from clients, site managers or other third parties for safety documentation or action.
- Audit and maintain all necessary records which are required to demonstrate that the company is fully compliant.
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming HS&E legislation.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Diploma Level NEBOSH qualification in Health and Safety Management.
- Experience working in an engineering and/or construction environment.
- Strong problem solving skills and a desire to come up with practical solutions
- Casual dress
- Monday to Friday working hours
- Friendly working environment with great perks
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme