WE ARE NOW RECRUITING FOR A HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGER IN HULL..
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the health, safety and environmental practice on site. Delivering best practice, complying with legislation and promoting a proactive safe and environmentally friendly culture.
Key Abilities required;
- Previous experience of FMCG manufacturing
- Proven track record of managing teams
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Proven track record in cost control, health and safety, management of quality systems and change management programmes
Training or General Attainment;
- All core training and mandatory procedures
- All relevant site/area policies, procedures & processes
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Member of IOSH
- IEMA or relevant Environmental qualification
Key Responsibilities involved;
- To assist Managers and Supervisor's to identify hazards in the workplace and to take corrective action or initiate controls to minimise the risk.
- Implement and maintain systems of reporting incidents to highlight potential problems.
- Implement effective monitoring systems.
- To promote Health & Safety (& Environmental at Preston) awareness.
- Actively support and champion 'best practice' ethos and culture.
- Management of the Health & Safety (& Environmental at Preston) operation within agreed resource parameters.
- Internal Health & Safety auditing.
- Health & Safety (& Environmental at Preston) targets and training to enhance staff awareness.
- To create and maintain retrievable Health & Safety (& Environmental at Preston) records to enable production of statutory reports.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation and feed back to the appropriate parties where necessary.
- Effectively harness, motivate and develop the Health & Safety team.
- To ensure the implementation of short & long-term group strategic plans to raise the standards of Health, Safety & environmental at the site as directed by the Group Health, Safety & Environmental Managers.
- Advise Directors, Managers and Supervisor's in the implementation of local practices and procedures to ensure that the site complies with statutory requirements and guidelines, and group standards.
- Liaise with Group Health, Safety & Environmental and other Senior Managers to identify the correct levels of resources and manage the operation within these agreed parameters.
- Ensures full compliance of the Company's ISO 14001, ISO 45001 & 50001 Management Systems
- Maintenance of the conditions of the Environmental permit.
- Challenge, mentor and coach people
- Challenge current processes and practices, with a view to improve
- Carry out activities with full awareness of their impact on the environment, in terms of people and the local area
- Coordinate 3 monthly H&S meetings on site and distribute minutes.
- Facilitate external audits such as 14001, ISO45001, 50001 as well as ethical
- Objectively assess the team's performance and develop improvement plans by way of succession planning
- Ensure clarity of role for team members, including assigning of tasks, coaching and providing feedback
- Coordination of exceptional activity, such as changes to standards, work patterns, etc
- Conduct data analysis to identify trends and opportunities
- Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation, internal company policies and procedures & codes of practice.
- Review and update the training requirements of the department in line with current legislation and changing departmental operations
- Respect and honour the sentiment of the companies ethical policies and codes of conduct when interacting with colleagues
- Ensure that all staff have been given the appropriate level of training necessary to carry out their work within legislative and Health and Safety guidelines
- Ensure that you understand and adhere to your personal responsibilities with regard the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Environmental Protection Act 1990, Site Environmental Permit, company HSE policies, site safety rules, and procedures at all times
- To identify hazards in the workplace and to take corrective action or initiate controls to minimise the risk
- To effectively promote Health, Safety and Environmental awareness within your areas of control
- Ensuring that all HSE information relevant to "preventative and protective measures" is communicated to your subordinates
- Carry out activities with full awareness of their impact on the environment, both in terms of people and the local area
- Effectively manage energy and waste within the site
There are many more job duties involved. However, we could not exhaust everything. We will also discuss more personal and behavioural skills in more detail if successfully selected to the next stage.
If you are interested and keen to go forward, please apply now and if we feel you are suitable for the position we shall contact you. Please note we may not be able to contact everyone who applies due to high volume of applications.