An exciting opportunity has become available to work as a Correspondence drafter/Report writer, working for a government body on a 6 month, temporary basis. Applicants MUST have experience in writing reports under time pressures.
The role will be office based in Victoria, London. The pay rate will be £17.84. You will be required to work weekends and evenings.
This is a full time role. For the first six weeks you will be given full training and working 9-5, Monday to Friday. However, thereafter once training is complete, the hours will be based on shift work patterns between the hours of 7am - 10pm, and will be four 9 hour shifts followed by one 8 hour shift. It will also be based on a work pattern of four days on, three days off, to ensure that you get a weekend off every few weeks.
- Drafting Papers and Briefings including Submissions
- Drafting papers for external audiences
- Writing reports based on several sources of information;
- Understanding the information given and deciphering what is relevant and what isn't;
- Analysing the information so all is understood and nothing of importance is missed;
- Ensuring all relevant information goes into each report;
- Communicating with external and internal sources efficiently.
Applicants must have experience in a similar role, and have the following skills:
-Stakeholder management experience;
Communication skills is essential - predominantly written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to write reports efficiently.
- Communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- The ability to respond quickly, calmly, and flexibly under pressure.
If you would like to apply please ensure your CV is applicable for the role and your experience in the area is clearly shown. A cover letter would be a bonus!
Please note you will also be required to undergo a DBS check to be put forward for this role.