UK Visas and Immigration is responsible for making millions of decisions every year about who has the right to visit or stay in the country, with a firm emphasis on national security and a culture of customer satisfaction for people who come here legally.
The Croydon Decision Making Centre based within UKVI International is one of the largest decision- making centres in the world. They are responsible for running the UK's visa service and manage around 3 million applications a year from overseas nationals who wish to come to the UK to visit, study or work both on a temporary or permanent basis.
Brook Street is presently recruiting for an HEO Section Support Manager who will provide direct line management support to all staff.
As a Section Support Manager you will be required to manage workflow through the end to end entry clearance process helping to ensure they deliver a world class customer service.
You may be required to review entry clearance decisions and completion of the ECO (Entry Clearance Officer) and ECM (Entry Clearance Management) courses may be a requirement for this role. Ability would be assessed throughout with an examination at the end of the course.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Direct management of AOs and possibly EO's. Providing line management support to staff in a pressurised role
- Guiding, motivating and supporting staff in their day to day work
- Dealing firmly with performance, conduct and attendance issues should they arise
- Other duties will vary according to the role you are allocated to, but they may include
- overseeing workflow and the management of digital case allocation
- delivery of training and/or mentoring
- providing general HR support to both permanent and agency staff
The pay starts at £13.16 per hour, increasing to £18.15 per hour after 12 working weeks. The hours are Monday to Friday 16:00 to 22:00 and Saturdays 9:00 to 17:00 (6 days / 37 hours per week). The role is temporary - ongoing. Your job offer would be subject to a successful SC clearance. Hence you must have a valid passport, 2 proof of address, proof of NI. You ideally should be living in the UK within the last 5 years.