28 days ago
Brook Street Recruitment is working with our client in Dungannon who are currently seeking a Full Time HGV Mechanic/Commercial Vehicle Technician.
The successful candidate will be required to perform vehicle fleet inspections, diagnostic testing and carry out servicing, maintenance and repairs including the replacement of parts.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
* Completion of jobs from general servicing to fault finding, working on electrics, and carrying out strips and rebuilds.
* Ensuring repairs are carried out according to manufacturer`s procedures in a safe and responsible manner.
* Ensure repairs are carried out in accordance with Standard Times using special tools where appropriate.
* Assist in the fault diagnosis process.
* Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair.
* Work with the parts team to ensure correct replacement parts are fitted to vehicles.
* Road test vehicles if required (if holder of an HGV licence).
* Assist with Roadside breakdowns (if required to do so).
* Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to Workshop Supervisor.
* Ensure service sheets are completed as per Company instructions.
* Ensure Company time recording processes are complied with and job cards are completely accurately.
* Ensure that workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained.
* Wear Personal Protective Equipment when appropriate.
* Support the development of apprentices and trainees when required
The successful candidate will be an experienced, time-served technician with a strong desire to develop their career within a progressive organisation.
Relevant truck, bus and trailer industry experience is essential.
Insist on the highest quality of workmanship, whilst concentrating on efficiency.
Have a desire to achieve `right first time` on all workmanship.
Be reliable and have excellent timekeeping and attendance records.
Work with safety in mind at all times.
Whats on offer:
* A competitive salary.
* The opportunity for overtime as and when required.
* Generous holidays.
* Generous company pension scheme.
* A health cash plan for your everyday health care needs.
Please send CV to Colleen Farquharson via the apply link
Brook Street (UK) Limited are an equal opportunities employer