Are you looking for a Higher Executive Officer role based in the Newcastle area? Do you have a background in communications? We are thrilled to support our public sector client in their search for a Higher Executive Office to join them in their busy, communications team.
Contract: Temporary, expected for 3 months.
Location: Newcastle Business Park
Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday 9 - 5 (Flexi time)
Pay Rate: £14.32 p/h
This role is to work within an established public sector organisation based at Newcastle Business Park. They are looking for an experienced communications professional, initially for three months, to deliver a number of varied and challenging campaigns and strategies after the UK leaves the EU. Working as part of a small communications team supporting programmes and projects to deliver change, duties will include:
-Develop communications and engagement plans for projects
-Produce a wide range of written materials; press releases, blogs, articles, social media posts, case studies and briefings
- Build key relationships across the organisation and its partners
- Provide robust, proactive media support to the team (provide crisis management, draft lines to take, statements and advise on appropriate media responses)
- Identify and build audiences, gather insight and deliver engagement
- Spot opportunities to advance our communications objectives and identify and manage risks
- Media handling
- Delivering communications products and plans to tight deadlines
- Creatively engage audiences around difficult issues
The successful candidate will have knowledge, skills and experience of:
- Developing and delivering effective communications and show an ability to quickly understand complex information and communicate it to our target audiences
- An appetite for grasping the details of complex problems and a belief in the difference that effective communications can make
- Skilled in developing relationships and providing sound advice as well as interacting with journalists and government departments
- A professional background and relevant experience in communications is essential and this may have been gained in media relations, campaigns, strategic communications or marketing roles
This is a full time, temporary position currently expected for initially three months with scope to become permanent. If you think you have the skills and knowledge to fulfil this role, please do not hesitate to submit your online application. We are looking for the correct candidate to start as soon as possible and welcome your applications.