Our public sector client is currently looking for a diligent and trustworthy Higher Executive Officer to start ASAP.
Pay £15.11 ph
Location - Sevington, Nightingale Close
Full time , 37 hrs pw
Monday - Friday
Long term ongoing role
HEO key Priorities: The role is primarily to support the contract manager and SEO in the delivery (through the appointed service operator) of a legally compliant, safe, secure and operationally effective Border Control Post facility which is located at Sevington.
- Responsibility for overseeing facilities management delivery at the border control post as determined by the SEO team leader
- Plan, schedule and liaise with customers (and the FM service contractor) to organise and carry out audits to ensure a compliant (statutory, safety and contractual) border control post facility
- Key responsibility to ensure any follow up actions to compliance/action plans are completed and closed (especially in relation to fire safety and HSE);
- Act as a point of contact for customer and stakeholder; to develop, build and maintain a good working relationship and reputation as a reliable source of informed knowledge and experience; taking responsibility for owning and resolving issues;
- Monitor management information (data and transactional activity) identifying trends, to ensure the Border Control Pots facility is working to defined processes and procedures;
- Authorising and responsible for ensuring agreed works orders are completed, verified and auditable, within defined financial processes;
- Working with and within a team (a team player):
- Working within a facilities management or building services environment, with customer facing interaction;
- Knowledge of health & safety management relating to delivering a safe and compliant Estate (depending on role);
- Project management ? coordinating and managing quality and budgets within set deadlines (desirable but not essential as training can be given);
- Managing and analysing data and carrying out research to identify trends and inform decisions;
- Providing advice on procedures and processes and recommending improvements and alternative courses of action;
- Effective communication skills with a broad range of colleagues and stakeholders (orally and in writing):
- Working on own initiative and prioritising workload to meet conflicting objectives
- Attention to detail
- Competent IT skills
Desirable, but not essential:
- Member of BIFM (British Institute of Facilities Management) or equivalent
- IOSH (health & safety)
- Project Management techniques
- Knowledge of Buy4Defra and management of financial records
Basic DBS WILL BE UNDERTAKEN FOR THIS ROLE & 3 YEARS REFERENCING.
If you are interested please apply below and we will be in touch shortly.