Higher Executive Officer
Job Type: Temporary
Sector: Public Sector
Pay: £ 15.96
Hours: 37 hours a week (shift working - covering weekend (1 day), dawn and evening shifts)
Our Public Sector client has an exciting and brand-new opportunity to join their team as a Higher Executive Officer. Are you passionate about engaging people to deliver against targets and improving processes? Then this role will give you the opportunity to do just that!
What's in this for me?
If you were to join this team you would be joining the Home Office in The Visa, Status and Information team which is an exciting, inclusive and friendly place to work and sits at the centre of many of the Home Office's key priorities including the creation of the new points-based system.
This client would be the ideal fit for yourself if you have experience in a management already
What will be my day to day?
Within this role your daily tasks will be as follows:
- Being a positive, motivational manager; working proactively to support your team through regular periods of operational surge, ensuring that they adapt quickly with minimal disruption, and that they deliver high quality output aligned with customer service standards.
- Robustly monitor, manage, support and challenge performance and behaviour, ensuring appropriate action is taken and that you are visible and available to your team where needed.
- Providing constructive feedback clearly and accurately where needed, using strong communication and people management skills.
- Mentoring and coaching your team through periods of change, helping them adapt to new ways of working in new, and sometimes high pressured, environments.
- Reviewing, monitoring, implementing and adapting tools and feedback to improve processes and assess performance, acting swiftly to tackle issues and support staff as and when difficulties arise.
- Effectively and promptly undertaking line management responsibilities including HR, attendance, performance, monitoring the team's learning and development, ensuring team members are completing the expected hours, and referring issues as appropriate.
- Providing complex case support (with appropriate training given) to decision makers and escalating or referring for further advice or action where required.
** You will be required to undertake security clearance for these roles, and it is imperative that you hold a valid UK passport and be able to provide two proofs of current address and proof of national insurance. **
Due to the high volume of applications we receive if you have not received a response within 7 days please presume you have bee unsuccessful on this occasion.