We have a great opportunity within MOD for a Higher Executive officer role in Worthy Down, Winchester.
The Temporary Worker will provide middle management support and operate with minimal supervision, exercising independent judgment in completing assignments. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
Preparing high-level correspondence and checking that produced by others Interpreting and reporting complex data Resolving problems or responding to complex enquiries Managing the workload of a team or section Liaising with internal and external stakeholders at senior level building and maintaining relationships
Typical qualifications and experience: Five GCSE passes at Grade C or above Two level passes at grade E or above or equivalent NVQ Management Level 3 or 4 (or suitable management experience) Good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office Management experience in an office environment Excellent communication skills both oral and written
The purpose of this post is to:
- Provide support to the Project ARIEL Value for Money Benchmark (VfMB) and project risk, issues and dependency management.
- Project ARIEL is a project within the Trade Training Transformation Programme (T3P) run by the LWC Programmes Group. Project Delivery Team 2 (PD2) is leading delivery of ARIEL.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Support VfMB
- Organise and attend VfMB workshops and meetings with internal and external stakeholders and provide feedback on the outcomes to the project team and VfMB lead.
- Capture initiatives, risks, analysis and decisions relating to VfMB.
- Develop communication materials to engage staff in VfMB process and provide updates on progress.
- Undertake analysis of initiatives including forecasting costs, benefits and time to implement.
- Collate outcomes of the VfMB and report to VfMB lead.
- Ensure risks identified in VfMB are accurately recorded in the project risk register.
- Report findings and progress as required to Project governance meetings.
- Risk, Issue and Dependency Management
- Prepare existing registers for endorsement by scrutiny community.
- Engage with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)to ensure risks, issues and dependencies are accurately recorded and scores are supported by robust assumptions which are accurately captured.
- Hold regular reviews with Project team and SMEs to ensure registers maintained and risks, issues and dependencies are being effectively managed.
- Ensure project Risk, Issue and Dependency management conforms with Programme and Portfolio process and templates.
- Update the project Risk and Opportunities Management Plan (ROMP)
- Appropriate additional tasks as required to support Project ARIEL.