Holistic Children's Support Worker
30 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. Salary range £17,814 - £20,934
which is pro rata the FTE £18,212.15 - £21,752.47
(Starting salary will be subject to qualifications and experience, there will be an additional payment of £74 for sleep shifts)
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our client based in Sheffield as part of the committed team focusing on the holistic needs of students with SEND, Mental health and challenging behaviours.
The students benefit from an extensive range of nutritional, therapeutic and medical support within a college environment. Each core element of the educational cycle is designed to establish active and positive relationships with nature, people and the community through a holistic approach to human development and supports three key stages: overcoming barriers to learning, becoming skilled, and being ready to engage and give back to the community. This is reflected in college sessions and within the residential provision. This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting a career crossing both care and education.
Although challenging, this role is incredibly rewarding. We are looking for people with great character and a desire to make a positive impact on young people's lives.
In order to be successful in this role you will:
- Have a strong desire to support young people and have excellent observational skills and the ability to problem solve and think creatively to enable our young people to reach their full potential
- A patient, caring, compassionate and young person-centred nature
- A team player and demonstrate the ability to manage emotionally challenging situations, have experience as a support worker in a day, educational or residential setting and worked with young people with challenging behaviours, learning disabilities or mental health difficulties or have a demonstrable desire and commitment to work in the sector.
- You will have excellent communication skills, as well as experience of report writing and record keeping
- Emotional intelligence and resilience with the ability to react calmly in stressful situations
- Be able to work flexible hours as this role includes working: daytime, weekends, evenings and sleep over shifts on a rota basis
- An NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care would be desired, but not essential, as our client offers to financially support you to gain this qualification
- You will require an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service for both Adults and Children - should you not currently hold a DBS we can process this for a small fee of £46
Our client invests heavily in their staff; your career and will provide excellent professional development opportunities and an interactive induction to experience their unique curriculum from the service users point of view. The successful applicant will also be enrolled on their Holistic Support and Care Course. You will be fully trained in the following: safeguarding, health & safety, emotional resilience, mental health, MAPA to name a few. You will also be required to attend other key and development training sessions as required by our client, which may be outside of your usual working hours.
If you are interested in this role, please submit an up to date CV by applying directly to this advertisement. For further information please contact Maria on 01274 393050.