Job title: Homelessness Floating Support Worker
Pay rate: £11.00
Start Date: January 2021
Contract Type: Temporary / Temp to Perm
We are looking for highly experienced Floating Support Workers in Bristol who have worked with: the homesless, alcohol/drug addicitions and rehousing support services. Throughout this role the main aims will be to improve individuals mental health and physical wellbeing. This will include: helping people budget and managing money, settling into a new community, finding voluntary work or training courses and encouraging them to get involved in activities.
You need to be aware that some of these adults may be actively using drugs/alcohol or may have very challenging behaviours which you will need to acknowledge not try to change and work with the individuals to create future goals. Maybe look into services to support them ie. AA or NA meetings or joining the Bristol Drugs Project.
We will need you to have:
- - A person-centred approach
- - The ability to bring out the best in people
- - Respect people's differences
- - Being a friendly, kind, and compassionate Support Worker
Complulsory Requirements to work with BS Social Care:
- - A minimum of 6 month's experience; working with the homeless, adults with drug/aclcohol addictions and mental health complications
- - Clean DBS registered on the Update Service would be a great advantage (if not it is not a problem)
- - Drivers preferred (not essential)
Benefits for you:
- High rates of pay: £10.00 - £11.00 ph
- Experienced and passionate Consultants to support and manager your work patterns
- Weekly pay + holiday pay and pension scheme
- Contractual hours without the contract until at least March 2021
- On-going training and development
- Free Care Academy Certificate
- Opportunity for a temp to perm position in the future
Interested??? Then call today to discuss further and lets get you registered!!! Please contact me Martha Cassidy on: 0117 948 6300 or even if it's just for an informal chat!!!