BS Social Care are hiring for an ongoing (2 month) assignment for our client based in Skipton.
Our client is a Housing Support service, meeting the needs of vulnerable and disadvantaged individuals and families and those at risk of social exclusion across the north of England.
Your role will be to provide support to a wide range of groups referred to our client. You will work under the guidance of Support Workers to address customers individual needs, maximise independence and work towards the successful move on independent living. The main aim is to assist Support Workers to provide high levels of customer support.
Support Assistants have additional responsibilities to provide weekend/and or night cover in the hostel. This entrails liaising with the security concierge, to ensure the security of the building, responding to customers support needs (out of hours) and dealing with any urgent or crisis situations arising.
As our ideal candidate, you will have experience working with vulnerable and socially excluded people. It is important you are flexible and have a Full UK Drivers License with access to your own vehicle, this is essential.
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 12 months experience, or alternatively 6 months experience with a relevant qualification
- An enhanced DBS for Children and Adults on the update service. If you do not currently have an enhanced DBS, you will be required to obtain a new one at a cost of £50 through Brook Street Disclosures
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Proof of ID (Including one photographic)
- Proof of address
- Full UK Driving License
What we can offer you:
- Hourly pay of a generous £9.00 - £10.00 per hour (dependant on experience)
- Holiday pay to accrue
- Shift Flexibility
- Free online training provided, which covers all sections within the nationally recognised care certificate
- Pension for eligible candidates
If you are interested and would like further information on this exciting opportunity, please contact Maria Lawther on 01274 393050. Alternatively, please apply directly to the advertisement by submitting your CV.
If you are successful you will have to attend an Interview in either Bradford City Centre, information will be released after your initial telephone screening on dates and locations available for Interviews.
Please note, this is a temporary role.