Wellingborough, Darby House
Monday to Friday 37 hours
£26,780 per annum
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To support the HR team in achieving business objectives by providing an effective, pro-active and efficient HR Service.
Ensuring effective customer service delivery by the timely production of key work tasks to achieve the targets set out in the HR Business Plan/Corporate Objectives.
Provide effective case management from an HR perspective on a wide range of matters including UPP/UAP, establishment, adjusted duties, etc ensuring effective advice regarding corporate application of procedures.
- Associate member of CIPD or demonstrate equivalent experience within a HR department.
- Good overall knowledge of employment law and HR practices from techniques used in recruitment and selection to knowledge of performance and attendance management procedures. With the ability to build a sound knowledge of police regulations and police staff council terms and conditions.
- Experience of providing accurate, detailed advice and guidance to managers and individuals at different levels within an organisation in a highly pressurised, fast moving operational environment.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of personal resilience, confidentiality and sensitivity in dealing with all issues.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills along with the ability to make timely and balanced decisions, even under pressure, using relevant information effectively to offer practical ideas and innovative solutions.
You will be required to provide three years worth of references and pass a police vetting check before you start this role. The vetting process takes approx 4-6 weeks.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please apply.