We have an exciting temporary opportunity as HR Advisor to work at the Maritime and Coastguard Agency in central Southampton.
This role supports the HR Advisor to provide an efficient and effective administration and business support service within Strategy and Finance department.
- To provide administrative support in all routines associated with the people processes to include: alignment, staff movements, recruitment, terms and conditions.
- General administrative support to include: updating HR related Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, corresponding with internal and external stakeholders via email and Microsoft Word, managing incoming and outgoing post, answering the telephone, managing team email in-boxes, taking minutes, photocopying.
- To administer all recruitment campaigns including creating vacancy request forms, managing sifts, assessments and results and ensuring the onboarding process for new recruits is managed effectively including arranging medicals and pre-employment checks where required.
- Work in partnership with HR colleagues to provide administrative support on a range of HR related projects including performance management, learning & capability, inclusion, reward, occupational health, management information, HR finances, organisational management, resourcing, Group HR.
- To provide guidance and support to managers and staff on people processes and procedures where required.
- To adhere to the Central HR Services Customer Service and Governance standards.
Typical qualifications and experience:
- Two GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent
- NVQ Business Administration level 1 (or suitable administrative experience)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
They must have both HR and office experience
Pay rate: £7.98/hour, Monday to Friday - 37 hours