HR Assistant - £20,000 - £25,000 DOE
Brook Street is pleased to be working with a highly successful, award winning loan provider in central Southampton. My client offers an excellent working environment; a positive and friendly team and a real opportunity for career progression as each year they are doubling their team!
The role is not for the faint hearted as our client are looking for someone determined, dedicated and confident in their approach. Someone with previous experience within HR would be desired but not essential, however Payroll and Admin experience is essential to be successful. The main responsibilities of the HR Assistant is to provide full support to the HR Executive in all HR and Facilities Management aspects with the view to cover the majority of each other's tasks in their absence. The role is mainly administrative support with a few HR duties involved and so a desire to progress a career within this would be ideal.
Duties and Responsibilities of the role;
- Assist with general administration such as printing, scanning, filing, archiving etc. drafting relevant paperwork, organising meetings etc
- Support the HR Executive in various HR projects as and when required
- To assist the HR Executive in producing the monthly payroll
- To assist with the entire employee life cycle processes (onboarding, off-boarding, contractual changes etc.), including drafting and issuing contracts of employment, background checks, referencing, removing permissions in the systems, ensuring probations are managed in a timely manner etc.
- Note taking and typing notes where required
- Assist the HR Executive with recruitment, including liaising with agencies, short listing, setting up interviews, and providing candidates/ agencies with feedback
- Maintaining training records, booking relevant trainings, and ensuring compliance
- Maintain accurate employee records for all staff and contractors in line with the GDPR regulations
- Any other administrative and facilities related tasks as and when required.
Skills you will need to succeed;
- Very good attention to detail
- Ability to work on their own as well as part of the team
- Ability to work flexibly in order to meet deadlines and any last-minute requests
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good understanding of Microsoft Packages (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
- Self-motivated and confident
- Strong Administrative experience is essential
- CIPD/ Human Resources degree is desirable
The working hours of the role are Monday - Friday 9am - 5:00pm and in return for your hard work our client offers a competitive Salary of £20,000 to £25,000 per year, depending on experience. In addition, you will receive 20 day's holiday and other great benefits!
Let's get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible and interviews will be arranged as soon able to be booked in the diary. This will involve an initial phone call followed by a face to face interview if successful.
For more information or a detailed job specification, please contact Lauren at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV to .