Job title: HR Assistant
We are looking for a HR Assistant to join our clients busy HR Team based in Barton-Upon-Humber. It is an exciting time to join our client's business. They currently have 100+ showrooms and over 6000 employees across the business and they are expanding! This business growth means that they need to expand the HR Team. You'll work with colleagues in the HR team and business area, to ensure the provision of a high quality and consistent HR service.
Head Office and Transport Division based Management and Employees.
Critical purpose of role:
- Providing first line support to Managers and Employees within the business.
- Support the Junior HR Advisor and HR Advisor in managing HR related projects and issues within your business area.
- Support the Junior HR Advisor and HR Advisor in delivering support to line-managers on a full breadth of employment relations (ER) issues.
- Work with the HR team to ensure the provision of a high-quality and consistent HR service across the various Head Office functions and Transport Depots.
- Assisting with all HR Administrative duties as and when required, including, the processing of starters, leavers, changes, return to works, DBS checks and other tasks of a similar nature.
- To support with effectively managing the and actioning all communications sent to the relevant business areas email inbox when required; Ensure all correspondence is accurate, kept up to date and is sent out in a timely manner in line with Company processes.
- To be the first point of contact for employees and managers on any HR related queries, take ownership of handling basic HR queries and escalating complex issues to the HR Advisor; Assisting the payroll team by providing them with relevant employee information.
- Assist the Junior HR Advisor and HR Advisor with absence management. This includes ensuring all self certs and medical certificates are received, arranging Occupational Health referrals, and reviewing short term absence triggers.
- Assisting the Junior HR Advisor and HR Advisor with employment relations issues, including disciplinaries, investigations and performance management.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the business area; Creating reports for managers and the HR team such as, Starters / Leavers, Attendance, Milestones, Absence and Headcount when required.
- Support the Junior HR Advisor and HR Advisor in monitoring the effectiveness of and training out any updates to HR policies, procedures, or management toolkits for the business areas; Supporting with note taking in HR meetings such as, disciplinaries, investigations and appeals.
- Support with any relevant HR projects.
- Any other reasonable requests from Line Manager.
Desired Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Previous experience working in HR
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills including MS office and Adobe
- Good organisational skills
- Good prioritisation skills
If you feel you are suitable for this position, please apply now or call Alice or Katy, on 01482 699100!
If you do not hear from us within 14 days, this may mean your CV has not been shortlisted to the next stage. We do apologise due to the high volume of applications; we may not be able to contact everybody.