Do you have experience working within HR?
Medical science background?
We are currently working alongside an education college who are looking for an HR Manager to join their team who work within Medical Science.
* Work closely with line managers, supervisors and principal investigators to provide generalist HR advice and guidance to the department on complex issues in areas such as recruitment, performance management, and employee relations;
* Oversee all aspects of recruitment to recruit high quality research and support staff, including sitting on interview panels;
* Responsible for the department's HR policies and procedures, ensuring the smooth running of the HR function and providing good service to colleagues;
* Deliver professional HR advice on a full range of HR issues, including discipline, grievance, organisational change, TUPE, gradings.
* Experience managing the HR function of an organisation at strategic level;
* Substantial HR experience, particularly on advising and helping managers on the full
range of staffing issues, and writing policy;
* The ability to handle and prioritise a complex portfolio of responsibilities in a challenging environment, to show equally high effectiveness in contributing to strategic thinking and in undertaking key operational tasks;
* Excellent interpersonal skills with an understanding of highly sensitive areas involving integration of staff and managing change and the ability to gain the confidence of a wide range of people;
* Experience of working in HR in Higher Education
* CIPD membership
* Experience with HRIS or other HR systems
Duration: 6 Months Temporary contract, Full time
Pay Rate: £19.37 per hour
If you would like to know more about the role please give Lewis a call at Brook Street on 01235 706100