I am recruiting for a HR Office Manager for an innovative global business based in the Shrewsbury area; they are offering a competitive salary circa £35,000 with the opportunity to really progress your career.
This is a new position as the UK side of the business is going through exciting growth and investment, you will be an all-round HR and Office Manager, overseeing the smooth running of the UK Shropshire based offices with circa 35 employees in various departments such as health and safety, accounts, logistics, production, research and sales and marketing; some staff who report into the UK are based overseas so managing areas of their HR requirements will also be part of this rare position.
You will be responsible for a variety of duties such as recruitment support, onboarding and induction training, taken leadership on employee relations, including grievances and disciplinaries, manging the upkeep of the offices, producing HR reports and sitting in on senior board meetings and keeping a strict and up to date record of all employees` data adhering to GDPR.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Ensure the company are up to date with HR best practices.
- Handling employment relations issues, such as grievances, employee welfare, completing investigations, disciplinaries/dismissals
- Fully support the hiring manager in the recruitment process, from job description writing through to offer confirmations
- Ensure the correct procedures and documents are in place for employees right to work, whether based in UK or overseas
- Administration of employee-related paperwork, such as employment contracts, new starter packs, or formal notices of termination.
- Data responsibilities, including GDPR
- Leading new starter company inductions and maintaining an up to date staff handbook
- Overseeing training and development of employees.
- Collaborating with other managers in the business, sometimes internationally, to ensure the smooth running of the company from a people perspective
- Overseeing staff attendance and absence monitoring and annual leave.
- Providing detailed HR reports to the senior management team.
- Manage the office environment regarding its upkeep, cleanliness.
- Manage the reception and welcome of visitors
- Assisting with reception duties such as answering calls, emails and letters.
- To issue agendas and take minutes of the Board meetings and Management meetings
- Travel management for the senior team and visitors
- Meeting, conference and event planning.
- A minimum of 2 years `all round` HR experience including recruitment, employment relations and employee data management
- CIPD accredited or HR related degree would be ideal
- Experience with overseas based employees would be ideal
- Superb communication specifically in business partnering/advisory roles
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the executive team
- Ability to represent the HR function as part of the bigger business picture
- Confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development
- Demonstrable experience in managing relevant HR projects
- Strong understanding of employment law
- A professional and commercial approach to HR, with the ability to deliver high employee satisfaction, appropriate development and reward for individuals
- Stable work history, be able to explain reasons for leaving previous positions
**PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE**
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- £25000-£35000 salary dependent on experience
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays rising up to 33 days
- Monday - Friday 9-5 working week (35 hours)
- Free Car parking
Please send your cv and call Adam on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your CV has not been selected on this occasion***