We are delighted to support our well established and high profiled Government client in their search for a HR Officer to provide a comprehensive range of HR activities.
This role is to work within the public sector and is based in Newcastle City Centre. We are looking for a highly skilled candidate with excellent communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills so start within this role as soon as possible.
The position would be temporary for 6 months.
Job Role and Accountabilities
- Supporting the overall HR strategy, by providing consistent and appropriate HR services to enable professional HR delivery of outcomes.
- Internal and external stakeholder liaison, building strong relationships across all levels.
- Linking the deliverables within the team, to those of the wider HR team
- Proactively identifying and managing potential queries or challenges and supporting line managers and staff through to resolution.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the feedback process for staff members to ensure that they receive this in a timely manner.
Specific Skills and Experience
As the ideal candidate you will;
- Hold a relevant HR qualification or have equivalent experience in an HR environment.
- Be confident working with line management to understand their HR needs, facilitating desired solutions.
- Have a good working knowledge of HR processes and activities, including Resourcing, Reward and Policy, Talent Management & Succession, Training & Development and Organisational Development.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills to suit different audiences.
- Be skilled in working with stakeholders in organisations, with excellent people management skills.
- Have a strong administration background.
- Have excellent IT skills particularly in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Payrate and Benefits
- £12.96 an hour.
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- City Centre location.
- Six Month assignment.
If you feel that this role is the perfect match for you, we would be delighted to hear from you - please do not hesitate to submit your CV online.