You must have good Employee Relations experience and ideally Sponsorship would be a massive benefit. We sponsor a large amount of teachers on Tier 2 so this is a significant part of the job.
As this is working within Education only 10 days annual leave in term time allowed - non negotiable.
Enhanced DBS also required
Main Areas of Responsibility
* Provide an efficient and professional HR service to the Federation and Academies.
* Work with the Head of HR and HR Business Partners to deliver HR calendar activities and support HR initiatives
; change management programmes, HR projects, case management etc.
* Provide administrative advice and templates to Academies to ensure best practice, adherence to legislation
requirements and Harris Federation's policies.
* Provide accurate and consistent advice and guidance to managers relating to employee relations issues;
performance management and capability, absence management, disciplinary and grievance, changes to terms
and conditions etc.
* Support the management of formal cases, including sickness reviews, disciplinaries, grievances, performance
management and flexible working requests.
* Escalate complex cases as appropriate to the Head of HR or HR Business Partners.
* Assist with restructure programmes as required.
* Supporting TUPE processes as appropriate, including preparing correspondence, due diligence completion etc.
* Draft and issue Settlement Agreements as directed by the Head of HR or HR Business Partners, gain required
signatures and distribute final agreements to relevant parties.
* Submit payment forms to payroll ensuring full authorisation is obtained and internal records are maintained.
* Create and maintain standard letter and reporting templates. In conjunction with the HR Business Partners,
review and update at least every 6 months or sooner if legislative changes require it.
* To evaluate Job Descriptions and provide advice and guidance on salary bandings to ensure a consistent and
* Assist the Head of HR or HR Business Partners with any activities relating to Employment Tribunals; production
of a timeline of events, liaising with the legal representatives and providing them with any necessary
documentation to support the case, diary management of tribunal participants.
* Assist with visa, work permit and sponsorship queries, escalating where appropriate and updating the
Sponsorship Management System where required.
* Completing the annual employee sponsorship review in conjunction with the HR Recruitment Administrator,
and reporting any findings.
* Maintaining and updating visa and sponsorship files, electronic and hard copies.
* Managing and monitoring the monthly Harris Federation payroll.
* To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested.
We will consider any reasonable adjustments under the terms of the Equality Act, to enable an
applicant with a disability (as defined under the Act) to meet the requirements of the post.
The post holder will ensure that academy policies are reflected in all aspect of his/her work, in
particular those relating to;
(i) Equal Opportunities
(ii) Health and Safety
Data Protection Act (1984 & 1998)
Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake
work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description. Employees are expected to be
courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers.
The academy will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the
working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or
continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition (as defined in the
Equality Act 2010).
Following consultation with you this Job description may be changed by management to reflect or
anticipate changes in the job which are commensurate with the salary and job title.
Attributes Description Desirable
Educated to degree level
CIPD qualified (level 5) or working towards
Previous HR experience
Experience managing sponsorship process (Tier 2)
Desirable: Previous experience within the Education Sector