Are you looking for a new opportunity in HR? Look no further!
I am recruiting for a HR Officer for my client who are based in Wolverhampton, working for a market leading containment systems business within the Roads & Security sector, they are offering £25,000-£30,000 per annum (dependable on experience) with some great benefits.
You will be providing generalist support within a centralised HR department, servicing several regional
business divisions based in the Midlands and South Wales. Candidates must be flexible to travel to other site locations when required and take a pro-active approach in building relationships with colleagues based at those sites.
The business is experiencing a period of transitional change and growth and require you to have knowledge and
understanding of in depth HR functions as you will be involved in the full employee life cycle. You will be the initial point of contact for HR advice and support to managers and teams across a number of busy manufacturing environments
whilst reporting into the HR manager. It is important that you are confident and self-sufficient to allow the HR Manager to focus on prospective change and proactive initiatives.
My client is looking for someone to join the role to modernise and improve the existing HR functions. The candidate needs to have natural and consistent motivation to make things happen, who can work at pace and change priorities if need be, a go getter and someone who can really drive the HR function forward. Using initiative is essential to drive process improvements across the wider team.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Act as first point of contact for HR queries and advice to line managers.
- Support the HR Manager with employee relations and management issues as and when required. This may include conducting disciplinaries, grievances, sickness meetings, capability meetings etc.
- Supervise the general activities of the HR Function and assist with ensuring the HR department is providing an excellent service to the business.
- To develop and maintain administrative systems and procedures to provide support and effective management of HR processes.
- Knowledge of all relevant hiring and employment law, manage the recruitment process from end to end and deliver HR Inductions for new starters.
- Coordinate and prepare meetings, training events etc. and take minutes if required.
- Assist Line Manager to make improvements and implement required changes.
- Assist with organisational communications, initiatives, data collation and submissions.
- Processing new starters, leavers, and preparing and amending where necessary.
- Effective delivery and administration of employment correspondence
- Create, update and maintain employee files and the HR filing system in accordance with legislation, retention policy & GDPR.
- Update, maintain and monitor specifically Staff Absence Management, Probation and Recruitment data highlighting any situations that require further intervention and advising management on appropriate actions in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate administration of Company fleet vehicles in partnership with our external partner (Lex) including insurance updates, administering fuel cards, licence checks and disseminating employee speeding/parking fines.
- Lead on ad-hoc projects and assist the HRM as and when required.
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the grade of the post as requested by the HR Manager or Senior leadership team.
- Aptitude to Self-manage and the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- To maintain appropriate confidentiality of information relating to the Company and its staff and maintain compliance with the Data Protection Act/GDPR.
- Adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
- Adhere to Company Health, Safety and Environmental Policy and ethos at all times.
- Contribute positively to the overall mission, vision and aims of the Company.
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all.
- Develop constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals.
- Previous HR generalist/HR Officer experience and a good understanding of HR issues and employment law
- Experience of on boarding and managing volume recruitment.
- Experience of Employee Relations processes and best practice
- Ideally experience in a fast-paced, production environment
- Enjoy working with people
- Be patient, tactful, diplomatic and approachable
- Be able to deal with and stay calm in difficult situations
- Have good commercial awareness
- Have good spoken and written communication skills
- Respect the importance of confidentiality
- Have good organising skills and be able to develop plans, policies and forecasts
- Have problem solving skills to deal with disputes, grievances and staffing problems
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Be able to work accurately, with good attention to detail
- The ability to work with a variety of personality types while maintaining a positive and helpful demeanour.
- An excellent sense of discretion and sensitivity
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION AND ARE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THIS VIA YOUR CV AND AN INTERVIEW***
(D) DESIRED/ (E) ESSENTIAL SKILLS
- CIPD Level 3 (E)
- CIPD Level 5 (D)
- 2 years or more, HR Generalist experience (E)
- GCSE's in English & Maths A-C or equivalent (E)
- Experience of handling disciplinaries, grievances, performance management processes etc. (E)
- Experience in hiring and on-boarding multiple candidates at any one time (E)
- Commercial awareness (D)
- Have an up to date and working knowledge of HR best practice and a thorough understanding of practical
employment law (E)
Ability to drive with use of a car and hold a full clean licence (E)
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Attractive Pension scheme
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Occupational Health scheme
- Private Health Care scheme
- Discretionary bonus eligibility
- Life Insurance
- Training/Employee Assistance Programme
- Exclusive Offers - An online portal offering vouchers and discounts
- 25-day Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call Ben on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***