Human Resources Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 38 hrs per week, Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 5pm and Friday 8.30am - 4pm
Salary: 25k-28k pa depends on experience
Brook Street Preston currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Human Resources Officer to work within a busy and vibrant HR Team in Preston.
Our Client is looking for an experienced HR professional to provide HR services to all Company divisions within their company.
The successful applicant will be providing a generalist human resources service to the Company's management team.
The Human Resources Officer will ensure compliance with employment law and best practice through the implementation and development of human resources policies, procedures, manuals and training.
Duties to be expected
- Review, develop and implement employment policies and procedures aligned to business needs, current legislation and best practice and ensure the management team comply with these policies.
- Provide training, guidance and support with recruitment and selection activity, ensuring compliance with legislation and Company policy.
- Effectively manage the acquisitions and sales of businesses ensuring compliance with TUPE and redundancy regulations.
- Design, develop and deliver effective HR related training.
- Support the delivery of an annual training plan, delivering sessions on all aspects of people management.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers in areas such as absence management, employee relations, performance, legislation, equality and diversity and capability.
- Review employment letters to ensure legal and policy compliance and send these out to employees in a timely manner.
- Support the HR Administration function, ensuring effective links between the function of the HR Officers and that of the administration team.
- Review and interpret monthly HR data and provide advice and guidance to the management team.
What are we looking for?
- Level 5 CIPD or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge and experience in a generalist human resources role.
- Knowledge of employment legislation and the ability to interpret this to provide advice to managers.
- Understanding of TUPE and redundancy processes.
- Good IT skills and ability to use a personnel database to extract information and reports.
- Good standard of written and verbal communication.
- Ability to design e-learning and classroom training and deliver classroom training to managers.
- Driving licence and own vehicle for travel throughout the North of England.
- Flexibility in working hours to meet business needs of our internal customers.
Our Client has a positive culture and they our passionate people, determined to do whatever necessary to make their customers happy. They offer a fantastic benefits packages which includes: -
- Pension scheme
- 22 days holiday entitlement, increasing with length of service
- On-site Company Doctor
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted staff restaurant
- Staff discount scheme
- Service awards
- Christmas hamper
- Children's Christmas party
- Annual dinner dance
- Free car parking
- Shower and changing facilities
- Training and development opportunities
This is a great opportunity working for a very reputable company with fantastic benefits and rewards. If you have the relevant skills and are looking for a new role, please do contact me for a confidential discussion.
At Brook Street we want to find you your prefect match, so please get in touch regarding this role or other suitable roles we currently have.