We have a fixed term role working for one of our government clients starting immediately for a Payroll Manager. This contract would initially be for 6 months and is a maternity leave cover, working at a salary of £27,773 pro rata.
In this position you will be;
Responsible for the day to day management of a small team of HR/Payroll Administrators. This will include monitoring workloads, supervising work, coaching and mentoring where applicable and dealing with any performance management issues in line with company policy.
Overseeing the HR Operations team you will work with them to drive performance, ensure compliance and deliver an exceptional customer service.
Accountable for ensuring the accurate and consistent delivery of key transactional HR activities including; issuing of employee contracts, staff changes, data management and reporting, on- boarding of new starters, processing of leavers accurately and generally ensuring the integrity of data held on the chosen HR system.
- Act as the first point of escalation for any queries or issues that the team are not able to respond to directly.
- Carrying out monthly audit checks
- To manage the pensions function within the team which will involve ensuring the business responds to any change in process, data validation and correction is carried out on a regular basis and processes associated with starters and leavers are followed.
- Responsible for the payroll checking and sign off each month
- Act as point of contact for queries relating to data requests, FOI, security related queries or other escalated queries
- Ensure that the team is appropriately resourced at all times, carrying out any recruitment activities that may be required.
- Support Pay Award activities as and when required.
- Manage HR Operations meetings and activity log to ensure that the team are delivering and process change is driven forwards
1. Strong proven team leader experience from within an HR Operations function with some remote team management experience
2. In depth knowledge of HR, Payroll and Pensions administration functions and processes
3. Experience of implementing audit controls and processes
4. Capable of building strong and trusted internal working relationships across the business and functions in order to deliver required results, including with senior stakeholders
5. Attention to detail and experience of delivering high quality service in a fast paced environment
1. A high level of verbal and written communication skills
2. Highly organised and able to balance several commitments simultaneously.
3. Experience of working with a range of stakeholders at all levels
4. Previous Civil Service experience is highly beneficial
5. CIPD qualified or working towards a qualification
If you believe that this is the role for you, please give a call to Liverpool Public Sector Brook Street on 01512426106 for more information