I am recruiting for a HR Policy Officer on an initial 6 month fixed term contract based in the Birmingham City Centre; you will need to have previous experience of working closely and creating HR policies, in return you will receive an annual salary of £30479 (Pro rata for 6 months).
You will be working on a specific project that is modernising the way this large organisation work. They currently have circa 40 different HR policies covering areas such as probation, leaver process, recruitment, expenses and allowances, self-development, tattoos and travel entitlements; these policies are currently in a document narrative and old-fashioned filed format.
Working with the Policy & Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for re-vamping and publishing these policies ensuring they have the key things that need to be communicated to the business but are in an easy to read format (sharp, clear consistent message, utilising flow charts) and are easily accessible, remotely across the national business. The headquarters are in London and this role will involve the occasional travel here for key meetings (around 2/3 times a month).
You will be working for an extremely well known, large public service, a great company to have on your CV as having worked for.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Work with the Policy & Engagement Manager review, update and draft policies ensuring policies are streamlined, clear, legally compliant, easy to navigate and aligned to benefit realisation from future systems/technology enhancements.
- Benchmark HR policies and research trends in related issues, working with key stakeholders to develop tailored solutions which support the Programme deliverables.
- Identify obsolete documents taking into account evolving organisational goals.
- Ensuring that policy products are branded and comply with quality assurance standards. Provide updates on policy development/reviews status to the Deputy Director People & Culture, which feed into the Audit Risk & Compliance Board.
- Establish effective working relationships across the People and Culture Directorate, in to manage conflicting priorities and manage expectations whilst also working collaboratively.
- Comfortable with having a criminal record and finance check completed (no current CCJ's in process)
- CIPD foundation level qualification or proven experience in a HR related role doing employee relations and HR policy tasks
- Substantial experience in HR policy development within a HR policies and procedures specialist role
- Ability to provide consultation/negotiation in the delivery of HR policies and procedures
-Excellent drafting skills, including editing and proof-reading. Close attention to detail, with a high standards
of literacy and grammar
- Good knowledge of employment law, and experience of contributing project outcomes
- Experience of prioritising, planning and organising workloads to manage expectations and deadlines
- Strong communications skills with the ability to communicate to different levels throughout the organisation
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Experience/knowledge working with office365 would be ideal
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE HR POLICY EXPERIENCE***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- 6 month Fixed term contract
- £30479 annual salary (pro rota for the fixed term month contract)
- City centre location - easily commutable
- 37 hour working week - flexible working options available i.e. compressed hours or shorter working week including some home working would be considered
- 28 days holiday + 8 bank holiday days, pro rata for 6 month contract
- Attractive pension scheme
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call Adam or Charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***